Mehboob A. Chhipa
8234 Carrleigh Pky, Springfield, VA 22152 Tel: 703-451-8218 Email: Mehboob@Chhipa.com
Education and Training
Cisco Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
Citrix Citrix Metaframe Administrator (CCA)
Microsoft Windows 2000 Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Window NT Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Bombay University B.S. Finance and Accounting (1989)
To secure a challenging Network Engineering opportunity in the DC Metro Area.
Clearance: Secret Interim
References: Available upon request.
Server and Network Hardware
Cisco Routers & Switches, Cisco Local Director (Load Balancing), Cabletron Switches, ADSL Routers Compaq/Dell/HP-UX Servers, Novell NetWare, PC hardware, Line drivers, CSU/DSU, and Multiplexers.
Network and Systems Management Software
Microsoft Systems Management Server, HP OpenView, Cabletron Spectrum Element Manager, Microsoft Operation Management, Etherpeek
Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Novell NetWare, Redhat Linux, HP-UX, Sun Solaris system 8.
Secure Computing Sidewinder Firewall, Cisco PIX firewall, Black ICE,
Software and Systems Administration
Windows 2000 Server, Exchange Server 5.5, MS Proxy Server, MS ISA, PKI certificate server, SurfControl Web Content Filtering Software, Norton's Web Security, MS Terminal Server, Citrix MetaFrame Server, Checkpoint and SideWinder Firewall, MS IPSec, Secure Data Tunneling and ISS scanner software.
Abacus Technology Corporation USA
U.S. Defense Contractor 11/00
Job Title: Sr. Network/Systems Engineer
Tasks and Projects: I am working as part of the team as a Sr. Network/Systems Engineer who are responsible for Administration of the US Air Force base’s communications and computing networks, which supports 750+ users located in multiple sites:
The Leader in Managed Web and Application Hosting 05/2000 - 11/2000
Job Title: Sr. Technical Account Manager
Tasks and Projects: I was assigned to European clients as liaison between the company and customers for the maintenance and troubleshooting of systems and networking equipments.
Cable and Wireless USA
One of Europe's largest telecomm company 06/1998 - 05/2000
Job Title: Network Administrator
Tasks and Projects: Administered and provided Tier 2 support to HelpDesk. Tasks included:
· Upgraded all server hardware to the latest Compaq Proliant series.
· Implemented Citrix Metaframe thin client solution for remote Sales team.
· Integrated VPN and IPSec for customer access to the intranet.
· Designed Active Directory and migrated Windows NT domain to Windows 2000.
· Administered MS Exchange 5.5 servers.
· Implemented and administered SMS 2.0 for remote software deployment, hardware/software inventory, and remote control.
· Implemented video streaming for training and videos broadcasts over the LAN with Windows Media Services and Windows Media Player.
· Implemented Y2K compliancy solution on servers and desktop
· Implemented video conferencing and online collaboration for department employees with Netmeeting and ILS.
· Administered and maintained of DHCP, WINS, and DNS servers.
· Troubleshot TCP/IP and other network communication issues.
· Administered security of user accounts, NTFS and share permissions, and domain trust relationships.
· Installed and administered of IIS web servers.
· Implemented ArcServe DLT backup solution.
· Designed and implemented of off site disaster recovery solution.
Sareen & Associates
accounting firm Fairfax, VA 01/1994
Job Title: LAN Administrator
Tasks and Projects: Managed the Novell NetWare servers and Windows NT 3.51/4.0 server. The task included:
· Helpdesk support to 35 users.
· Installed and managed scanning workflow application.
· Automated everyday tasks through Excel spreadsheets and macros.
· Upgraded client computers from 3.11 to Windows 95.
· Migrated Novell Netware 3.12 network to Windows NT 4.
· Administered and maintained Windows NT servers and Novell NetWare Servers
· Backed up business critical accounting and financial data
· Administered of the remote access services
· Implemented fax broadcast and network faxing
· Upgraded computer hardware and assembled new PCs and Servers
Suparna Steel Corporation
Bombay, India 01/1985 - 12/1993
Job Title: Programmer Analyst
Designed developed the inventory software using Oracle, COBOL and C language under SCO UNIX environment. Used shell script to automate daily administrative tasks and system maintenance routines.